Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tool # 9

From Tool #9:

This paragraph made me open my san folder :)

Sometimes your center/station may be having students practice a skill on an interactive website. In that case, students aren’t creating a digital product that you can review later. How can you ensure students are engaged during the station? Here are some ideas:

Create an open-ended/close sentences document for students to complete. - I love this idea maybe incorporate this to the sentence starters that we use with Kristie in the dual language centers training that we had. ( my best secret about math is..... or What I learned today about ...... is.......)

Create a Google Doc with links to websites/list of stations for the week. As students move through the stations, they can bold the station they completed that day and write a brief reflection about it. Students could include screen shots of activities.
Have a list of station options and have students sign their name next to what they did. - Even the Wall Wish from Tool #6

Integrating technology into the classroom doesn't happen magically overnight, it requires planning. Take small step. Begin by rewriting a lesson plan to include technology. The good thing about this is that we already use some technology, at least we use the activboard I think 80% of the time in my class. Where are you on the continuum of technology integration?
I looked into the Continuum and I think my classroom Moves from Horizontally: Characteristics of the learning environment: From Collaborative to Active and Vertically: Levels of Technology from Adoption to infusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment